Friday, April 17, 2009

Ribbons in the Sky....

or in New Mexico speak....the "Big I", the big, beautiful belts of overpasses and flyovers intersecting Albuquerque, that I seem to think resemble "ribbons in the sky". I love the way they are the color of sand and sky, only deeper and more pronounced; more like clay and turquoise - the true colors of New Mexico. Of course, that's just my "rose colored" opinion, I'm sure most people who travel the freeway every day don't even really notice such things as that. I say rose colored because that's basically how I see the world; always seeing the glass half full; it's just my way of seeing what I want to see - and of course in full-blown color! Every time I get on the road, I can't help but marvel at the beauty of whatever there is to see ahead of me out there on the vast NM highways. Each time I go from home (up in "el Norte") to Burque (Albuquerque, for those unfamiliar with the nickname), I love the scenery and all it's colorful splendor. The colors to me are absolutely exquisite...from the clear azure blue skies and the pinkish-brown sculpted rock formations, to the modern concrete jungle of Albuquerque. I came upon the ribbons in the sky this week after spending a day working in Albuquerque. On my way home, I had to cross the Big I; going from I-40 to I-25 in order to get home. While at the interchange, I happened to look up and the flyovers looked like big, colorful ribbons in the sky. It right away put a smile on my face and the long day I had spent laboring over proposals was a thing of the past. Yes, when driving in NM I always gaze at the scenery and wonder how I could be so lucky to live amongst such beauty. The banners of color here in NM never cease to amaze me........even when I'm on the freeway!




1 comment:

  1. This post shows so much of your personality. A person that is able to appreciate the beauty of life in every breath. The colors of the sky, mountains, flowers, dirt, etc. are not overlooked by your artistic eye. Nan

    ReplyDelete